Sunday, March 15, 2020

Our māra




Phew! That wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I wonder what I was thinking, mm…. 


In whare kai this week, we made banana and coconut muffins with passionfruit curd.  It definitely is not easy, but with the recipe at hand it sure did help. With the help of our wonderful volunteers they assisted our group to measure a range of dry ingredients and to prepare the wet ingredients to be finally combined together.  This experience was fantastic. I learnt how to fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. This step is crucial because you don't want to over beat your mixture and let too much air into it, this causes the batter to become rubbery.

By Sam



Finally it's my turn! I've been waiting for this moment since I was a Year 4. 
Today I got to experience whare kai, along with other students. 
It was amazing, because we made some delicious muffins with
a dollop of passionfruit curd. Mr. Jarrit also helped to prepare yummy
mexican corn. Once the corn was cooked, we added  
salt, pepper and coriander, followed by a yummy sauce. 

By Shiloh 



My first experience in mahi mara today was spectacular. 
We were picking beans, using a pair of garden scissors.
I also used a shovel to dig a hole, for our school compost.  

Miss Harrison reminded me to only ask one question,
I really needed to think hard about what that
one question could be.  I had so many wonderings, while
I was in the garden with our volunteers. I thoroughly enjoyed
my time today in the mahi mara.
By Darcy 




No comments:

Post a Comment