This term has been off to a busy start so far. We have had lots of fun learning experiences here at Yendarra School such as;
● swimming lessons
● Fiafia practices
It is our class goal to come to school everyday and in the correct school uniform so that we can all make the most of these wonderful learning experiences.
We LOVE going to the wharekai and making new and exciting things, most of which are harvested from our amazing garden.
Here is a recipe of what you could make at home. Yummy!
Spinach and Feta Filo Triangles
900g spinach, washed and stems removed
3 small red onions, finely chopped
6 cloves garlic, crushed
6 eggs, whisked
2 teaspoons dried dill
6 tablespoons chopped mint
3 teaspoons lemon zest
600g feta, crumbled
1½ cups grated cheddar cheese
18 sheets filo pastry
100g butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 180oC.
- Wilt spinach in boiling water, cool, squeeze out excess water and roughly chop.
- Saute onion and garlic in a little oil until tender.
- Place spinach, onion, garlic, eggs, dill, mint, lemon zest, feta and cheddar cheese in a bowl mix well.
- Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Place 2 sheets of filo on the bench and brush butter between each layer.
- Cut in half lengthwise.
- Starting at a narrow end spoon mixture onto the filo towards a corner.
- Fold the corner with the filling on it diagonally over to form a triangle.
10. Continue to fold in this way retaining the triangle shape.
11. Continue with remaining pastry and filling.
- Place on cold baking tray, brush with remaining butter and sprinkle with extra dill leaves.
13. Bake 15 minutes until golden and crisp.
Did you know, that in 2016 there was 78 preventable drownings in New Zealand?
We are so lucky to live in a country where we are surrounded by oceans, lakes and rivers. So that we can enjoy our summer and maybe even visit the Otara Pools in the holidays, Room 11 have been learning to swim!
“Freestyle is my favourite because I can go fast”
“It is tricky turning to breath. Your head needs to rest on your arm”
“Swimming is good fitness for us!”